7-TOXIN FREE NAIL POLISH
BZ Lady nail polishes are 7-Toxin Free
… but what does it mean exactly?
When we've created the BZ Lady formulation, we took the formula of traditional nail polishes we could find in drugstores, we identified and removed the 7 most toxic and harmful ingredients (usually related to cancer, skin irritation and breathing problems) and we replaced them by harmless alternatives.
Here is the list of the 7 hazardous ingredients we removed during this process and which are unfortunately commonly used in traditional nail polishes:
2. Formaldehyde is a chemical commonly used to preserve and embalm dead animals and humans. Its vapors are irritating and can trigger asthma. This ingredient is also a known human carcinogen, a factor directly involved in causing cancer.
3. Toluene is a liquid used as a solvent and has the familiar smell of paint thinner. You can be exposed to this toxin by breathing it in or getting it on your skin, causing irritation. Inhaling high levels of toluene is said to be harmful to your nervous system and can cause light-headedness and nausea. Toluene may also cause birth defects and developmental problems in children of pregnant women who have had extended exposure.
4. Formaldehyde Resin is a derivative of Formaldehyde, mainly used in the production of coatings and adhesives. It is not as toxic as pure Formaldehyde but can be an allergen.
5. Camphor is a poison that can cause seizures and disorientation if used in large doses. This chemical acts as a cover on your nails, depriving them of nutrients and causing your nails to yellow and dry out.
6. Triphenyl Phosphate (TPHP) is a chemical used in plastics to improve flexibility and as a flame retardant. A handful of animal studies and in vitro studies have suggested that it could be an endocrine disrupter which affects your hormones – in particular, it could potentially affect reproductive health and lipid metabolism.
7. Xylene is irritating to the skin, eyes, and respiratory tract. It can cause systemic toxicity by exposition or inhalation. Symptoms of xylene poisoning include CNS effects (headache, dizziness, ataxia, drowsiness, excitement, tremor, and even coma), ventricular arrythmias, acute pulmonary edema, respiratory depression, nausea, vomiting, and reversible hepatic impairment.
BZ Lady is proud to offer a nail polish formulation that is 7-Toxin Free because beautiful nails should never damage your health.
We know you are busy enough to have to worry about these things.